What facilities are provided by the Beverley Online option?
Beverley Online provides you with access to your Beverley Building Society accounts via our website.
Once registered you receive the following benefits:
• The ability to view the balance and recent transactions on your accounts
• A secure messaging system which gives you the reassurance that information sent to or from us electronically remains confidential.
Do I need any special software to access Beverley Online?
No special software is needed. ‘Beverley Online’ will work on any computer as long as you are connected to the internet and have a suitable web browser. We recommend that you keep your web browser updated to its latest version for maximum security.
How soon will I be able to access my account information after I sign up for Beverley Online?
Within one working day of registering you will receive confirmation of your User ID and Activation Key by email. We send the information to the email address registered for you which gives additional protection against someone trying to fraudulently access your accounts.
When is the Beverley Online system available?
The system is normally available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, there may be times when a part of the service is unavailable to allow for maintenance and updates to the system.
How often is the information updated?
The information you see on screen is updated at 9:50am and 4:50pm each working day.
How long can I see my records for?
Transactions will be held on the system for at least two years.
How secure is Beverley Online?
Our system is very secure for the following reasons:
• For someone to gain access to your account details they would need your password and memorable information.
• All information transmitted between your personal computer and the ‘Beverley Online’ server is encrypted.
• The registration cannot be completed until we have emailed your User ID and an Activation Key to you at the email address held on our system.
The security of the system also relies upon you taking responsibility for your personal login details such as your password and memorable information. You should keep these secure by not writing them down or storing them on your personal computer. Never share these details with anybody else. We will only ever ask you for this information as part of the online login process. Our customer services team will never ask you for your password or memorable information.
We recommend that your change your password and piece of memorable data on a regular basis using the ‘Security Details’ option within Beverley Online. We suggest that you use a mixture of letters and numbers within your password and piece of memorable data and avoid using words that may be easy for others to guess, such as the name of a family member.
What can I do to help keep my information secure?
To help guard information held on your computer you should check that you have suitable anti-virus and firewall software installed. You should treat any emails or telephone calls requesting personal financial information with extreme caution. We will never ask you to reveal your password or memorable information, other than as part of the online login process.
If you would like more advice on maintaining security when dealing with your finances online, then you should visit the www.banksafeonline.org.uk website which contains useful information.
What if my account information looks incorrect?
If any information on your account looks incorrect or suspicious in any way you should contact us using the secure messaging facility or by telephone on 01482 881510.
What can I do if I experience problems accessing Beverley Online?
Whilst we cannot give you detailed instructions regarding your individual home computer you might like to try the following:
• If you have previously accessed ‘Beverley Online’ but are now experiencing problems then we would recommend that you clear out your cache memory / temporary internet files and also delete all cookies before trying to log in again.
• If this does not work or if you are struggling to access ‘Beverley Online’ for the first time then please contact us on 01482 881510 for assistance.
How will you respond to a secure message I have sent?
Secure messages are usually replied to within 24 hours (except Bank Holidays and weekends). You will receive a notification by email when we reply to your message and you will need to log in to Beverley Online to see our response.
Our caring team will go out of their way to get to know your circumstances, and wherever possible say ‘yes’